You have invested all of your time and money into setting up the perfect ecommerce store. You have worked really hard on the design elements, on the features and made sure the products you offer stand out. But, regardless of all of your effort and how many coupons you give out there, you are just not seeing the result you want. There is no increased conversion, there are no new buyers, no sale, and no profit. Despite your best efforts, your ecommerce store and your online business is not the runaway success you wanted it to be.
You have nothing to worry about as there are a few things you could do. In this article, we will discuss the possible reasons why you aren’t selling products online. As long as you are ready to make a change and work even more, you will be able to run a successful and prosperous store. The good thing is that you are not the only person in the world who is worried about the success of its online store and wondering why you can’t sell your products. There are a lot of entrepreneurs out there who have the same problem.
Leave all your troubles behind as there are clear ways to help you fix all of the problems you are currently facing, improve your conversions, and increase your sales.
Here are, the most common reasons why you can’t sell your products:
- You haven’t painted a convincing picture – If you have a great product you know it is amazing and you have an online audience that trusts you, there is no need to spend all of your money to market your products and your brand as the best products just market themselves. But, you shouldn’t always rely on this unwritten rule. The products that don’t sell, regardless of how great they are require proper marketing and promotion. It is always up to you, up to the business owner to convince people that your product is definitely worth spending money on. You need to convince your potential customers to come to your store and purchase your products which is why you need to come up with interesting methods. The best thing you could do at this point is to paint a detailed and convincing picture of what their personal lives will be like once they purchase your products.
- You are too pushy or not pushy enough – The second reason why you aren’t selling products online is either because you are too pushy or not pushy enough. You need to balance things out and find the right way to sell your products to your potential buyers.
- You are targeting the wrong people and the wrong market – Is it possible that you target the wrong people or the wrong market and that is the reason why you can’t sell your products. Everything is possible, so just to be sure, double check your market again. You need to know exactly who to sell your products to. You can’t guess and you can’t choose a random market. You need to be specific.
- You have an accessibility-related problem – Sometimes you can’t sell your products because your people can’t simply find your products online. This can be caused by different things such as bad SEO, poor web design, poor navigation, multiple browsers, and etc. You need to make sure your products are easily reached, accessible, and can be easily purchased.
Once you determine the problem, you can work hard on fixing it. And then, you can watch your product sales grow!
Main Reasons Why the Vast Majority of Online Businesses Fail
Starting a business online is one thing. Guiding it to success is a completely different thing. According to Forbes Magazine, about 543, 000 businesses are created each month. The rate of business failure in this day and age is unusually high. Roughly 60% of businesses don’t make it past their second anniversary. The big question is: Why are businesses failing at this rate? Read on for the reasons:
· Stiffer competition is the main reason why businesses fail when it comes to selling products online
The expansion of the internet and other technologies has enabled anyone regardless of location, religion, or academic and social background to start a business cost-effectively or even without paying a dime. This has led to the proliferation of businesses with the same model or selling similar products or services. Because of that, competition has become stiffer than ever before. Beating established businesses in this game is next to impossible if you don’t innovate. That’s why many businesses fail within the first year of inauguration.
· Not implement SEO strategies is another reason businesses online fail
In this day and age, virtually everything is happening online. People want the convenience of buying and selling products and services in the comfort of their homes, even in the dead of night. And that’s what drives them to go online to buy and sell. If your website doesn’t implement both on-page and off-page SEO techniques, you risk losing your target audience to competitors. If that happens, there is only one way, closure of a business.
· Mismanagement of finances can inhibit a business from selling products online
Most-first time entrepreneurs think that burning money initially is going to make their business successful. It always turns out to be a disaster, because they use up all the capital that was meant for expansion of the business. This normally happens due to lack of a plan. Always draw up a plan of how you’re going to prudently spend your finances. Don’t spend on unnecessary things. Focus on things that will certainly lead to sales for your business.
· Lack of business goals can cause a business online to fail
If you want your business to succeed, you must have goals or expectations. Don’t just set goals, set realistic and attainable goals. For example, your goal can be to make $1000 in sales within the first month. A goal can make you work a lot more to realize it.
There are many other reasons why businesses fail, but these are the main ones. Know them upfront if you’re contemplating starting a business to avoid becoming a failure statistic.