A couple of months ago, I wrote a post about starting to rebuild and revamp a teen non-fiction collection. (You can find it here!) Since I wrote that first post, almost all of the materials I had ordered had arrived! My teens are already making use of the collection, but I can’t wait until school starts and there are more opportunities to use the new academic books that were purchased.
Besides all the new books, the other great part about this post is that I still have money left to spend! (You can picture me dancing right here. Because I am dancing in my chair, and have been pretty much dancing all week.)
Anyway, now that the collection is mildly in shape and I still have money to spend, this past week I got to go through it AGAIN to check for outdated materials to replace. These are books that definitely had incorrect materials and I have been just ITCHING to get them off our bookshelves…but I couldn’t if I didn’t have the funds to replace them.
Coming up this week, and probably both of my posts next week, I will be showing you some pictures and talking about just how I went/am going about updating these materials.
Check back on Tuesday where I believe I will be talking about updating the “Coping With” series published in the early to mid 90s.