I had some down time between my book groups toady and was trying to come up with some ideas for easy crafts that my Anime Club could do. We’ve been simply watching Anime the past 2 years, but I want to start adding in some extra elements to help with the boredom. I know a lot of the kids come to mainly socialize, but I don’t want them to leave because all we do is watch Anime they’ve already scene. I do ask them for suggestions, but it still is one they’ve love. I wish there were more hours in the day to track down suitable unknown Anime, but sadly there is not. So, here are my ideas to add some extra elements.
1. Sketch Pads. I know many of them LOVE to draw, but not all bring along a pad. So I thought I’d have sketch pads on hand for them to use.
2. Inches. I came across these today and there are some really cool ones! Best part about these are they can let their imagination go wild.
3. Buttons. We have a button maker at work that is actually a lot of fun to use. And I have a whole bunch of buttons as supplies for a Summer Craft program that no one is attending. So, I figured I would let the Anime teens have a go at using the supplies.
4. Ear Bud Wraps. Who doesn’t need one of these? They’re easy to make and again offer a lot of variety for personal taste and design.
5. Shrinky Dinks. I love the ones the Mooresville Public Library did. This may leave out the kids who can’t draw a bit, but I figured they could still do a design if nothing else. And I was thinking that I would just take them home and do it it the oven–offer a nice incentive to come back the next month to pick them back up.
If anyone has any other craft idea, please let me know!