When you are considering selling products online, you’ll have two choices; use online store builder or list your products on popular online marketplaces. While listing products on popular online marketplaces has been the norm for many years, there is a significant shift towards online store builders these days. Some of the most popular online store builders that have fueled this shift include Shopify and BigCommerce. Sellers have flocked online store builders for the following reasons:
The shopping experience can be personalized with an online store builder
Selling products online via an online store comes with the advantage of marketing your products uniquely. Not to mention that it gives you the liberty to personalize your e-commerce store. Ideally, an online store makes the experience humanly and offers a personal touch. By customizing your e-commerce store to customers liking, it enables them to develop a sense of trust, and this can cultivate loyalty to your brand and motivate them to return to your business. With popular online marketplaces, there is no option for customization. All you have to do is create a page and list your products.
Selling products online through marketplaces comes with the possibility of being lost in the shuffle
Large online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay have a huge database of sellers, and most may feature the same products you’re offering. And to compound the problem, the similar products may feature the same product description word for word. When selling through your online store, the products may be the same, but the descriptions and images will be different because you are creating content yourself. However, online marketplaces have one advantage over online store builders; they receive a ton of traffic every day, so you might not need to market your products to sell.
It’s easy to deal with an online store builder
Most people who sell products online tend to list them on multiple online marketplaces. While this tactic has the benefit of more traffic and more sales, it comes with some challenges. For instance, every online marketplace has rules that need to be followed to the latter, such as marketplace fees, shipping regulations, and more. Following these rules daily can be a daunting task. Failure to abide by the rules can lead to bad customer reviews, and account suspensions or even banned from the sites completely. With an online store builder, you make the rules and call the shots.
Great Apps to Sell Your Products Online
Selling products online or locally is a great way to earn extra money. The only problem is the marketplace. You need to find your own perfect marketplace if you want to be a successful seller.
We have good news for you. We have compiled a list of 5 great apps you can use to sell your products on the web or locally and avoid shipping costs. All of these applications are great as they can make it easy for you as a seller to find buyers or promote your products.
- Decluttr – The perfect app for selling individual items. This is a great way if you are interested in selling cell phones, tablets, DVDs, video game consoles, and textbooks. In order to get started selling here, you need to enter the barcode for the products you want to sell so you can locate the product in their database. Once a product is bought, they ship the item to the buyer free of charge. The best thing about this app is that you receive your money the next day. You can choose to be paid with a direct deposit or via PayPal.
- OfferUp – This is a great app that rewards repeat sellers that offer perfect customer experience. Both, the buyer and the seller can leave a comment or a feedback for a specific transaction. This is what makes this app appealing to some of the other applications as customer feedback can be pretty influential and can directly impact the buying process. Most of the users describe Offer Up as a combination of eBay and Craigslist. You can ask the seller questions, you can add products to a watch list, you can make a counter offer, and much more. Offer up is a free application and buyers can search through different categories to find the product they are interested in buying.
- Close5 – This is just another application you can try for selling products online and locally. You will have more sales if you live in a bigger city as this app doesn’t really have a large audience as some of the applications we have mentioned before. You can list the products for sale under different categories such as home goods, antiques, automobiles, and etc.
- Letgo – This is probably one of the most popular applications on the web and the best Craigslist alternative. Letgo is just so easy to use. All you have to do is snap a photo of the product you want to sell and list the product with just one click. The only way to sell on Letgo is by using their application. Buyers can view your listings on a desktop website or on the app. By using this app, you can sell both online and locally. The listings are listed by city and zip code and when a potential buyer enters a zip code, the app will automatically populate the nearest product listings first. Buyers can search by category or by a product name.
- Trove Market – If you are interested in selling furniture, this is without a doubt the best app you can use. Trove Market is perfect for selling quality pieces for a great price. If the items are small enough to ship, you can sell online, otherwise, it is done locally. Potential purchasers can chat, make an offer, and pay in advance with a credit card or at pickup. Listing is free is requires a few photos, proper product description, and asking price.
Online marketplaces have their own advantages, such as a ton of traffic, and the platform helps you sell your products to consumers and credits your money to your account. So, the choice of platform to use will largely depend on the needs of your business. But we highly recommend you to check out the list of apps to sell your products online and choose the one that fulfills your needs.
Others Topics that might interested you
Looking for a way to increase your sales? You’ve already built a website that perfectly represents your business and the product you sell and now